How to write a Factual Description

How to write a factual description

What is factual description
Factual description is a piece of writing that describes a person,place thing, or an event factually.In such a description,although the emphasis is on objectivity and facts, there is a lot of scope for creativity and innovation.


While writing a factual description follow these general rules


1.You should use a variety of sentence structure and vocabulary
2.Avoid repition to ensure that the description is not boring to read
3.It is equally important to use correct tenses.

For example
a.He takes regular exercise(present habit)
b.He's taking driving lessons (happening now)
c.I have been coming to this sanctuary for years (links past and present)
d.It was snowing (sets the scene)


FACTUAL DESCRIPTION ABOUT PERSON

Here is value points check list

Name of the person

Relationship to the writer

Social status-role/profession

Looks:appearance:features:hair(short,curly,black,unkempt);built(overweight,muscular,atheletic,);
complexion(pale,wheatish,fair,dark);height(tall.)

Characteristics of personality (amiable,charming,calm,cheerful,benevolent,considerate,decisive etc)

Hobbies of the person

Opinions of others about him/her

Sample Factual description

My Dad

My dad's name is avtar singh he is forty years old businessman dealing in cars. he is an IIT delhi graduate in mechanical engineering.g A tall, well built and handsome man, my dad likes to be smartly dressed. he is always cheerful and likes to cracks jokes, sometimes at his own cost. No wonder he has lots of friends, including me.He spends time with me, reads books to me and in the weekends plays cricket with me.We love to go on long drives once in a while.I really admire him a lot.I think he is the world's best dad.


FACTUAL DESCRIPTION ABOUT PLACE

Value Points Check list
  • Name
  • Location
  • Dimension,Shape,colour design,stories etc.
  • Atmosphere
  • Type e.g a building, a park etc
  • Sights,sounds
  • Purpose,Use
  • History (who built it, and when)
  • Importance
  • Summing up/comparison with the earlier visit

Sample Description
 Westend Mall 
The westend mall on the Ferozpur Road is most happening place of my city.Everyday,thousands of people visit it for a wonderful shopping,movie and dining experience.Five of its seven floors house hundreds of showrooms of clothes,shoes,accessories,sports, jewellery, and electronics goods of well known national and international brads.In four screen waves cineplex on the sixth floor you can watch latest bollywood and hollywood films and on top floor you can feast on multi cuisine food.Its escalators,lifts and fire exit together with multi level parking and large,clean washrooms make shopping a truly world class experience here.

Factual description about a thing

My Television
My new 42" 3-D Sony LED TV is much lighter,slimmer and smarter than our old TV.It's extraordinary HD images and dolby surround sound make TV viewing an altogether different experience.An in built internet
connection allows me to surf the ent and stay in contact with my friends on email and the facebook.Thanks to its 360 GB hard disc I can play 3-d video games, and record my favourite movies and my mom's favourite devotional songs for her to watch at her conveniece. My TV is more energy efficient and less harsh on environment and dad's pocket.


6 comments:

  1. excellent example , I was looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this site is not good
    NOT MUCH EXAMPLES

    ReplyDelete
  3. best site but it will be better if it had few questions

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Did you even study factual description? This is for revision only.

      Delete
  5. This site is good I wad able to revise quickly

    ReplyDelete

AdSense

Download CLASS 10th CBSE Sample papers 2019

CBSE Sample Papers for Class 10 Science 2019 Solved Science Sample Question Paper 2019 Set 1 Solved Science Sample Question Paper 2019 ...